Your business or consulting practice is going to get better.
Not only are the great (and some of the not-so-great) financial minds telling us the economy will rebound, but history reassures us that every economic decline or depression is always followed by a rebounding swing of the pendulum. And for most people, the return to better days can’t come soon enough.
For two important reasons you should be preparing now for the return of prosperity:
● When your business or consulting practice picks up again, you are going to be very busy serving the needs of your clients and you will be glad you’ve used this slower time to get some tasks out of the way. ● Every time you plan today for a brighter and better tomorrow, you send a message to your subconscious, “programming” your brain to expect and achieve greater success.
So right now, when things may not be going quite so well, consider doing any or all of the following as your prepare for a brighter future:
- Investment shop. Technology is bargain priced these days. If you have the fluid cash to be able to do so, buy equipment, supplies, or technology products now, when you can catch them at sales and deep discount.
- Foster new client relationships. Connect with prospects face-to-face. Deepen relationships with current clients. They may not buy from you now, but when their cash flow resumes, you will be the first person to whom they turn.
- Build relationships through social media. Use blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, and YouTube to extend your brand and expand your marketing efforts.
- Build partnerships. Right now, almost every company on the globe is frantically searching for ways to reach new markets or carve out a stronger position in existing ones. Big dogs who might not have looked at you twice two years ago, may now be very interested in opportunities to do co-branded marketing with you.
- Talent shop. If you are hiring, the talent pool hasn’t been this deep or this wide in years. Even a small business stands a reasonable chance of dipping into this pool and landing a big one! Your smaller paying job offer at your smaller company may come along at just the right time in the life of someone who is vastly talented and seriously unemployed. Hire the golden boys and girls now and by the time the economy rebounds, one of two things will have happened: You will lose them to a bigger and better company but your business will have benefited from their talent and experience in the meantime, or they will fall in love with your vision, the pace of life in a smaller company, and your willingness to give them a job when others wouldn’t. You could wind up having a golden goose on your payroll for years.